Being Alpha is good. Being Alpha is better than being a beta in literally every way. However, that doesnât mean you canât go too far with being an Alpha. In the past, I have talked about hyper-extreme Alpha Male 1.0 celebrity examples like Tom Cruise, Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand, and David Petraeus and the chaos they create in their personal lives as a result if their overwhelming need to control others. Today I’m going to add another too-extreme example of Alpha Male 1.0 behavior: R. Kelly.
To be objective, I must first start out by saying that the source of some of this data is Buzzfeed, which can be a highly questionable source at times. Regardless, R. Kelly has so much bizarre behavior in his past that, to me at least, this is one of those âtoo much smoke in the kitchenâ scenarios. Nor has R. Kelly denied any of these allegations that I know of.
Some quick background on R. Kelly for some context. Stated simply, he has a long history of having sex with underage women. There were accusations of him having sex with a 15 year-old, then later he married Aaliyah when she was 15 (even making a song with her called âAge Ainât Nothing But A Numberâ), then after their divorce, there was video of him peeing on an underage girl, then there were pictures of him with another underage girl, etc, Clearly Kelly has a thing for really young girls… girls who can be more easily controlled.
Does that mean that every older guy who dates much younger women is a control freak? Not at all. I’m Alpha 2.0 so I’m the opposite of a control freak, let the women who I date do literally whatever theyÂ want with zero drama from me, and I’ve dated young (and legal) women for many years (in addition to women my age; I love women of all ages). The reason I say this about R. Kelly is the following…
Today, allegedly, Kelly takes hot 18 and 19 year-old groupies and offers to put them up in properties he owns. Once they agree, he controls their lives with an iron fist, including:
- He tells them what to wear.
- He tells them what to eat and what theyâre not allowed to eat.
- He tells them when to sleep.
- He tells them when to bathe.
- They have to ask him permission regarding when to go to the bathroom.
- They are âtrainedâ by a âden motherâ on exactly how to have sex with him.
- They have to ask permission to leave their homes or the recording studio when in his presence.
- They are required to call him âDaddy.â (He calls him his “babies.”)
- They arenât allowed to tell anyone where they are. For evidence of this, watch this video at timestamp 3:45, and where one of his âbabiesâ squirms and refuses to reveal where she is when casually asked by an interviewer.
Again, these are all allegations at this point, and none of this is illegal. Kelly, learning from past experience, makes sure to keep all of these women as legal adults (age 18 or over), and thereâs nothing illegal about an adult voluntarily being a slave to a hyper-dominant Alpha 1.0.