TheRedArchive needs help
With 700,000+ posts and 16,000,000+ comments archived, and new Red Pill content being added every week, keeping TheRedArchive alive and discoverable to everyone is starting to become very costly. As a 20-year-old student who just moved out and is living independently for the first time, keeping TheRedArchive alive is beginning to cost me much more than I thought.

Therefore, if you appreciate the website, have gained a lot of knowledge and insight from it, and want to show your appreciation, you can do so by donating any amount that you want via the options below. The money will be used on the expensive monthly host bill and any future maintenance of the website.
Thank you, and I wish you all a successful 2021 and a good luck with achieving your goals and dreams!

Best, /u/dream-hunter

The hard naked truth about marriage (comics with 3 cool black people, one is very handsome)

Reddit View
July 25, 2016
94 upvotes
post image

Post Information
Title The hard naked truth about marriage (comics with 3 cool black people, one is very handsome)
Author bigeyedbunny
Upvotes 94
Comments 25
Date 25 July 2016 09:07 AM UTC (4 years ago)
Subreddit becomeaman
Link https://theredarchive.com/post/137808
Original Link https://old.reddit.com/r/becomeaman/comments/4uhoa3/the_hard_naked_truth_about_marriage_comics_with_3/
Similar Posts
Comments

[–]huskarl15 points16 points  (13 children) | Copy

A more accurate title:

"The hard naked truth about not doing the inner work required to stop being a pushover and becoming a self-validating, integrated man."

A disastrous marriage is simply a side-effect of entering a romantic relationship before one becomes strong and secure within oneself.

[–]bigeyedbunny[S] 13 points14 points  (12 children) | Copy

There are zero benefits for a man to get married. And tons of risks and disadvantages.

And 60% of the times, wife divorces you and takes almost everything you have, away from you

[–]muthafuckabra 9 points9 points [recovered] | Copy

I wouldn't say so. Benefits can be both intangible and tangible (double incomes). Have a lawyer draft a prenuptial if you're scared. Get married or don't, don't see why you have to convince others.

[–][deleted] -1 points-1 points | Copy

[permanently deleted]

[–]dom31489 5 points5 points [recovered] | Copy

That's no reason not to get married, its reason not to marry when you're immature or not ready. Marriage has tax benefits and other bonuses when you're like me in the military. Its also great to have companionship and a partner who balances out your flaws. You don't need the government for that but you might as well reap the benefits.

[–][deleted] -1 points-1 points | Copy

[permanently deleted]

[–][deleted] -1 points0 points  (6 children) | Copy

Divorce rate is around 30%

Studies show married men are happier than unmarried men

[–]bigeyedbunny[S] 2 points3 points  (5 children) | Copy

Between 5 and 6 marriages end up in divorce disaster. Would you jump off from a plane, knowing that your parachute opens only 4 times out of 10?

[–][deleted] -1 points0 points  (4 children) | Copy

Google "actual divorce rate"

[–]bigeyedbunny[S] 0 points1 point  (3 children) | Copy

Let's imagine it is 30% only. So then you jump off from a plane, knowing that your parachute opens only 7 times out of 10?

[–][deleted] -1 points0 points  (2 children) | Copy

Would you go to college knowing there's a 70% chance of getting a job in a career of your choice, with a 30% chance of disappointment and wasted time and effort?

[–]bigeyedbunny[S] 1 point2 points  (1 child) | Copy

Bad analogy with zero connection.

Because men lose their wealth, their children and their sanity in divorce.

[–]sd4c0 points1 point  (0 children) | Copy

Or life. Suicide is a very real outcome of many divorces- and it ain't on the woman's side

[–] points points | Copy

[permanently deleted]

[–]bigeyedbunny[S] 6 points7 points  (2 children) | Copy

1 If you love one another and you want to keep it that way, a man must be smart and keep the love growing by Not getting married.

Marriage rates are anyway down 68.9% compared to 30 years ago.

2 Prenups get invalidated at divorce time all the time.

Even an average lawyer can throw away easily almost any prenup:

http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/top-10-reasons-a-premarital-agreement-may-be-invalid.html

[–]muthafuckabra0 points1 point  (1 child) | Copy

What kind of prenuptial is that then.. You can definitely have something put together that cannot be fucked with. I agree though, marriage isn't necessary.

[–]sd4c0 points1 point  (0 children) | Copy

Got any proof? Where is this so-called unassailable pre-nup, and why isn't every lawyer using it?

[–]sillEllis6 points7 points  (3 children) | Copy

Shouldn't this be over in TRP?

[–]bigeyedbunny[S] 5 points6 points  (1 child) | Copy

Only 60% of marriages end up in divorce though.

Would you jump off a plane with a parachute that opens successfully only 4 times out of 10 ?

[–]sillEllis1 point2 points  (0 children) | Copy

Apparently I'm not that cynical as some. I'll tell you what Zoe told Wash: "I'm not so afraid of losing something that I won't try havin' it."

[–]JaumeBG1 point2 points  (2 children) | Copy

WTF happened to this subreddit. Time to unsubscribe.

[–]Link_GR4 points5 points  (1 child) | Copy

Came to say the same thing...I thought it was "Become a man" and not whine like a pussy. Every other post is like this. I'm out.

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point  (0 children) | Copy

hahaha this sub is garbage. This bitch-ass whining post is supposed to help someone become a man? time to unsubscribe.

[–][deleted] -1 points0 points  (0 children) | Copy

Why has this sub turned from self improvement to circlejerk? Actual question for men who haven't left yet

[–] points points | Copy

[permanently deleted]



You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

© TheRedArchive 2021. All rights reserved.

created by /u/dream-hunter