Gentlemen, it's been about 9-10 months since I've found MRP and I've been reading, lifting, and doing what I can to invest in myself first and foremost. I've taken inventory of the beta habits and behaviors that I've developed over the past 10 years of marriage and have been trying to overcome them to improve my relationship with my wife. It seems that she's not responding in a way that is consistent with the results on /r/marriedredpill, etc, and so I come here to see if I can get some advice or guidance.
- Me 34, Her 34 stay-at-home-mom
- 2 Girls 5yo and 3yo.
- Lifting- Stronglifts twice a week (was more but schedule's busy with other stuff)
- Reading- Read and re-read WISNIFG, MMSLP, NMMNG. Working through Bang and Pook now. Regularly read blogs (Family Alpha, etc)
- Improved wardrobe, losing weight, good pay at work, working on side business, generally happy with progress I've made in almost every other area of my life.
- Been more stoic around wife, not as available to her, not an emotional tampon for her. Going out frequently to do my stuff, helpful and proactive around the house, getting my shit done. Complete indifference towards her, IDGAF, etc.
- Working on game...this one is difficult for me
- In the past months that I've been 'unplugging' and changed my interactions with her, she's been just as stoic/uninterested in me as I am in her. She simply doesn't notice or care about what I do or that I'm not as available to her. She just sits on the couch all night and watches TV and goes to bed very late at night after I'm already asleep. Furthermore she seems to be perfectly content doing this.
- We have sex once a month if I'm lucky. I initiate several times a week and get a hard no each time. I've tried changing my approach, flirting with her throughout the day when we're out, etc, all to no avail. My game's weak, but I've been trying to be clever with varying my approaches. I'm cool and casual when I get rejected, and don't whine or make a big deal about it.
- Tonight after suggesting a romantic evening together, she basically informed me that she has no interest in me sexually whatsoever, and that she doesn't enjoy herself when we do have sex (even though she orgasms every time).
Is my wife gay? Am I a total moron? I've been seeing success and progress in every other aspect of my life, but I'm just not sure what's going on here. Help and guidance is appreciated.
(edited for formatting)