I have reached a point in the last few months where I am slowing opting out of dopamine sources because the pain of not getting the dopamine source now is not outweighed by the pain of suffering with the dopamine source.
I have cut out
- Porn (use to watch 5 times a week 1 hour)
- Masturbating (once a week 5 times a week)
- Video Games (8 hours a day for 8 years straight)
- Listen to music for 5-6 hours a day
- Speed on the highway (should I go 65 instead of 90?)
- Use a laptop 5 hours a day/Phone
Smoke weed with girls
If I were to keep one, it would be the last one, would love to listen to music still but I am finding that I am using it as a crutch for a lot of instances. Like walking buy someone, blast a song in your ears because you want to feel more confident.
I am lifting weights 5x a week (though I am having a lot of trouble with squats :() And I have put on 10 lbs in the last 2 months or so. I am 6'5 185 lbs.
I am planning on (honestly this time) doing
- Sleeping on floor with small mat
- Taping Mouth
- Cold showers
- Getting outside 1 hour a day
- 30 minutes of mediation
- Skin Care
- Cold approaching girls this semester (kinda of wondering if people will notice that I am slightly older, I have had people mention that I look 19/20 but I am 23)
- Actually socializing for the first time in my life
Is the goal to get dopamine from these sources?
I have lurked this community and this is one of the communities that I use that is beyond inspiring.