Hi guys, I just dumped my gf of 4 months for talking to her ex through messages. TL/DR at bottom.
I started getting this weird feeling about her in my gut, and I went through her phone (big no no, I know, but it seems like it was of help this time). I found a conversation with one of her exes.
Now I know these girls always have to have their orbiter, and this dude kinda had lame texts, initiating convo and saying he adores her, but here are the reasons which made me decide that this is break up worthy:
- She initiated it. She replied to his story.
- She was saying how much she respects him and how many things she has learned from him.
- They were talking about some memories and the whole convo had this nostalgia vibe to it.
- She sent him a photo of herself.
- He was flirty about her boobs and she was receptive.
- She never mentioned me or having a boyfriend although she had the chance to.
- The biggest one. SHE asked him out. Idk if they ever went out, cause the dude had other plans and refused her.
- The whole convo started 2 weeks ago and they chatted constantly through these 2 weeks, while she was going out with me
The girl was cool. Actually, the same day I found out about the messages, we had a great time, she invited me to meet her mother, I fucked her 3 times, she cleaned my house and did my dishes.
I think I'm half at fault here. I probably did something that made her want to branch swing.
I met with her after this and broke up with her, told her I'm not upset, it's just something I cannot accept. She sent me a big text afterwards trying to justify her behavior and make it seem like she did nothing wrong.
I'm gonna be honest, it hurts a bit. She was my first gf, lost my virginity to her. But fuck it, I don't like taking the easy ways out. As Winston Churchill would say, "if you're going through hell, keep going". Life goes on.
TL/DR: Gf of 4 months initiates convo with ex bf, sents him photo of herself, accepts flirty jokes from him, never mentions me although she had the chance and asks him out... SHE asks him out. All this while she was acting super nice to me and inviting me to meet her mother. I point blank breakup with her once I find out.
I have 2 questions:
- did I do the right thing?
- why the fuck would she invite me to meet her mother 2 weeks into chatting with this dude, knowing she might branch swing anytime soon? Or wasn't she looking to branch swing and was only fishing for attention from this dude?
EDIT: I appreciate all of your guys' replies. No matter how tough I say to myself that I am and shit like that, I must admit, it's my first breakup, lost my v card to this girl and kinda got a bit attached to her. Nevertheless, I always prioritize rationality over emotion, no matter what I'm going through and what I'm feeling, I'll always take the rational way out.
I was feeling sad, still do a bit, and your replies have helped me tremendously. Onto the next chapter of my life... I got a lot to learn and experience. Keep it red my guys. Have a nice day and keep inspiring people like me on here.