Hi all. First time poster.
I'm 24 and 3 years into an LTR. I can see married life laid out before me. We're looking at buying our first place and she's made it clear that she wants mariage and 2-3 kids with me.
I'm someone who really values human relationships. I can't imagine any relationships being more meaningful than with a lifelong partner and the children that follow. But I'm also not filled with confidence that what I hope these relationships could be is even possible. I'm not sure if a woman will ever love me the way I want to be loved. I'm sure the novelty of being single again and sleeping with new and attractive women probably won't be particularly satisfying either...
1) Do MRP members advocate for decades long monogamous LTRs/Marriages or it just the case that everyone on here found TRP too late and were already trapped?
2) Is my best option to just keep the relationship going but reduce the effort I put into it while I read and work my ass off in other areas of my life for the next 6-12 months and then re-evaluate?
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply and is still engaging in conversation. There does seem to be a variety of opinions below. I'm currently travelling and lacking regular internet access but will continue to hop in and send comments as I can. A few things I'm seeing as constant:
- Don't buy a house with someone you're not married to.
- What she wants shouldn't be a factor at all in my decision.
- If I want to have children this will be rewarding but also lots of hard work.
- Ultimately it's a cost benefit analysis. Do I want the freedom and casual sex that goes with being single. Or do I want the ability to raise children in a stable environment with a woman that I know will grow older get stretch marks?
Obviously this is a condensation and there's plenty more that I'm taking away from the discussion.