Girl threatens with false accusation

Reddit View
January 14, 2020

So the background is as follows.
I have a friend, that let his girlfriend move in with him. He is fully paying the rent.
Now they broke up, but she won't leave. Threatening with accusations of assault, if he won't let her stay.

He called me and told me the story, so first thing was to tell him to leave the place as soon as possible.
What should he do to protect himself if the issue escalates?

[edit] Thanks for the feedback!

Post Information
Title Girl threatens with false accusation
Author BittyMitty
Upvotes 69
Comments 40
Date 14 January 2020 04:10 PM UTC (1 year ago)
Subreddit askTRP
Original Link
Similar Posts

[–]FinancialThanks1105 points106 points  (8 children) | Copy

I’d call her bluff: record himself telling her to leave and calling the police when she refuses (she might even threaten to make false accusation)

It will be hard for her to convince anyone that he assaulted her if she chooses to stay in his home.

[–]Senior EndorsedVasiliyZaitzev64 points65 points  (4 children) | Copy

Make sure that you’re in a single party consent state for that.

[–]no_re-entry19 points20 points  (0 children) | Copy

Odds are they are. Two party consent states are:

California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington

[–][deleted]  (2 children) | Copy


[–]Senior EndorsedVasiliyZaitzev7 points8 points  (0 children) | Copy

I would read the statute to be sure. And then the caselaw. But that's me. /shrug

[–]FatGirlsInPartyHats6 points7 points  (0 children) | Copy

This is wrong. Don't listen to this person.

[–][deleted]  (1 child) | Copy


[–]FatGirlsInPartyHats8 points9 points  (0 children) | Copy

Unfortunately you're right. If it's established that she lives there you can't just kick her out and she has to leave. You gave her a SHITLOAD of legal protections by letting her reside there, even for free.

[–][deleted] 5 points6 points  (0 children) | Copy

call the police immediately and they will be glad to make a home visit. do not tell her that you called them.

depending on your city they will show up between 15 minutes and one hour.

I have been in the same situation

Preempting her accusation with a 911 call strips her of her power

[–]Domebeers31 points32 points  (3 children) | Copy

You told him to leave? That's fucking dumb. He should call the cops and say his girl wont leave.

[–][deleted]  (2 children) | Copy


[–]Domebeers8 points9 points  (1 child) | Copy


Hope he learns a lesson. Don't move them in unless you are married. Even then, I'd think twice.

[–]jackandjill222 points3 points  (0 children) | Copy


[–]Endorsed ContributorFereallyRed47 points48 points  (6 children) | Copy

Get a fucking lawyer. ASAP. This is serious shit. Don't be alone with her, even if that means renting a VRBO/airbnb for a week or two so she can get the fuck out. Record all conversations. This can be illegal depending where you live but I'd rather have a wiretapping charge than a sexual assault charge. Bonus points for getting her to say that shit on tape.

You neglected details like if she's on the lease, if she can pay the rent herself, whether he should stop paying rent and break the lease then sue her later. etc.

That's why you need a lawyer.

[–]okuli17 points18 points  (3 children) | Copy

I'd rather have a wiretapping charge than a sexual assault charge

Illegally obtained evidence can't be presented, but I agree on the lawyer part.

Ask lawyer if threat of false accusations is enough for filling a restraining order.

[–]Endorsed ContributorFereallyRed28 points29 points  (2 children) | Copy

Yeah, but it can be "leaked" to news stations, youtube and social media.

This is potentially prison time and sex registry shit. Fight dirty.

[–]LethalShade3 points4 points  (1 child) | Copy

I think I understand why there's a law for illegal obtained evidence but isn't it a bit ridiculous for a civilian context?

You're telling me you can get convicted for rape even when you have a video that proves she made it up because you didn't get her permission to record it?

[–]Endorsed ContributorFereallyRed3 points4 points  (0 children) | Copy

Just take a peek into the shitshow of Mary Hunt and Scott Mitchell.

He's a 45 yo Florida millionaire, she's a 29 yo fake titted golddigger.

He has security footage of her both beating herself up and stealing 2.1 million in jewellery.

The video was the only thing that kept him from a DV charge, Florida "declined to prosecute" her on the 2 million in stolen goods.

Our legal system is fucked. Don't play by the rules of a broken game.

[–]jackandjill223 points4 points  (0 children) | Copy

rather have a wiretapping charge than a sexual assault charge

People who've never interacted with the legal system in any significant way don't understand how true this is.

[–]1Red_Pill_Brotherhood7 points8 points  (0 children) | Copy

Agree with other posters about secretly recording, then call cops to get her out. Tread carefully with being alone with her.

Be ready to lawyer up.

[–]theUnBannableHulk17 points18 points  (1 child) | Copy

Move his shit out completely when she’s gone

Stop paying rent and take name off lease

If in relationship he has wealth of evidence

Tell her he is leaving the city/state/country for a few months to find himself.

Chill undercover for a few weeks.

Let crazy ex get over stuff

Resurface but ideally just avoid her at all costs.

[–]Herdsengineers7 points8 points  (0 children) | Copy

i guess that's another option. move out, break lease, pay the penalty, and move on. he might also be liable for the landlords fees if the landlord has expenses to remove her if he's the lease holder and she's not on it.

he'd be in the clear otherwise, though, she'd be SoL.

[–]Herdsengineers5 points6 points  (0 children) | Copy

Get documentation. Take to local magistrate. File for restraining order to have her removed.

Next, especially if the lease is only in his name - start the eviction process. Usually, it's notify them to leave, if they haven't within a specified time, you can go file the court paperwork. Go through the process, get Writ of Disposseory, take to Sheriff, Sheriff goes to residence and executes the eviction.

Heck, the eviction can go forward even if she's making false accusations. It can weaken her case even and be shown to be retribution for her to make false allegations due to bad blood from the breakup and eviction.

And as far as recording - he should record himself at all times, have a tracker on his phone to document where he is, etc. and give her a wide berth. Regardless, he can't let her threats stop him, her threats demand that he figure out how to get her out faster!

[–]JurJur6 points7 points  (0 children) | Copy

Hey, this same thing actually happened to me a couple years back. Not sure if I took the best route but maybe my story can help you or you friend out? Broke up with LTR and she wouldn't leave my house for days. After a couple days of her fuming in my living room, constantly threatening me, & causing havoc in my house, I secretly recorded her death threats with a recorder. I also printed out the threatening messages she sent every hour to take with me to the local court house for a temporary restraining order which solved the problem. She attacked me right as I finished getting the restraining order right outside the courthouse and bam. Everything was in my favor from there since I had the restraining order and she broke it in front of the cops. She went to jail and got kicked out of school. Great times. So maybe go file for a restraining order so you can get leverage in situations like these.

[–]Lateralanouncer3 points4 points  (1 child) | Copy

Your friend need to spin it around so leaving is her idea.

[–]FatGirlsInPartyHats2 points3 points  (0 children) | Copy

Sounds like the friend isn't very smart in the first place.

[–]ArnoldT10008 points9 points  (3 children) | Copy

Ask the legal advice sub

Get a lawyer

[–]empatheticapathetic2 points3 points  (2 children) | Copy

Very pro female on there unfortunately.

[–]skuttt0 points1 point  (1 child) | Copy

Invert the genders for genuine advice then.

[–]empatheticapathetic0 points1 point  (0 children) | Copy

I don’t think it works like that

[–]wawakaka2 points3 points  (0 children) | Copy

Fuck don't he listen to tom leykis...never cohabitate just for this reason.

[–]TheBunk_TB4 points5 points  (0 children) | Copy

Document, document, document. Call her bluff. Call landlord and authorities. Call a trusted friend for a witness, if need be.

[–]SlappaDaBayssMon0 points1 point  (0 children) | Copy

In my state, paying rent or living free, you cannot force somebody outnof their residencr without an eviction. It takes at leadt 30 days Start that process now

[–]PhaedrusHunt0 points1 point  (0 children) | Copy

He needs to call the cops yesterday.

What she's doing is illegal-- the threats.

It's really important to be the first one on record with the authorities.

Source: My ex-wife was extremely violent, but when I left her she turned the tables and put a restraining order on me saying I was violent.

Call a lawyer for sure but call 311 and file a harassment complaint. He needs to get on a record with a police detective right now so anything that she says will be stopped in its tracks.

And get a lawyer

[–]robbiedigital0010 points1 point  (0 children) | Copy

Has she sent messages? Make sure he keep them. This happened to me and I went to mutual friends and got them onside. Turns out she had been lying to them about me, I showed them the messages and she backed down. Too much at stake for her suddenly. Hope it works out ok mate

[–]sebastianconcept0 points1 point  (0 children) | Copy

I think it’s time to install hidden cameras and record everything with that woman. It’s a dangerous situation. Talk to a lawyer if possible.

Can you make friends move to the apartment too? It would be uncomfortable for a while but also you can solve the problem and have some fun.

If a couple of your friends moves there for a while, you’d make her uncomfortable enough to make her willing to leave on her own (best scenario) and you’ll have witnesses protecting you from false allegations.

[–]HurricaneHugues0 points1 point  (0 children) | Copy

Only thing tart matters to the law is evidence. He needs to find a way to video record her making those threats of false accusations. Have him record at least 2 different instances of her making those threats. Also make sure that you're state is a 1 party consent law for recording.

Once that is done, all he has to do is either kick her out or take the evidence to the police for a restraining order. Don't fuck around with crazy hoes.

[–]DDD50_0 points1 point  (0 children) | Copy

Ghost her and tell this fool the phrase, "Don't stick your dick in crazy" exists for a damn reason.

[–]FimTown-1 points0 points  (0 children) | Copy

You never leave your home. You're banned from giving advice.

[–]LeChumScrubber-1 points0 points  (0 children) | Copy

its pretty sinister that girls are now weaponizing false rape accusations. this is why i went mgtow. women are dangerous and there's no reasonable road map of threat escalation/resolution as there is with other men.

You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

© TheRedArchive 2021. All rights reserved.

created by /u/dream-hunter