As many of you may remember, I posted this several months ago. https://www.reddit.com/r/MGTOW/comments/7wsq9u/compilation_of_rules_i_live_by_that_you_may_find/
I purposefully lost the password to my account, content that the post would stay but apparently some reddit mod deleted it. I only post under temporary accounts, so I'll repost it again for the new people, though I can't guarantee it will stay up.
It's just a compilation of ideas others have conveyed in the past mixed with some of my own thoughts, which I composed to help me define a MGTOW lifestyle that works for me. Hope you find it useful.
Rules I live by
1. Never give anyone leverage over you that they can use against you, and don't let people know too much about your business. Example, A friend knows you're doing something illegal, like growing a marijuana plant, and calls the police when you don't do to suit them. Poor trashy people, and women, have learned to use the police as weapons of revenge. In other words, don't let anyone know your business. Don't trust anyone until they have proven themselves trustworthy, and even then, I would still be careful not to tell them too much. To pour your heart out to a woman or anyone else, is to give them the very weapon they use to destroy you.
2. Try not to put yourself in a situation where you are seeking someone else's mercy, especially when their decision leads to the only path forward for you, like in a court case. Another example - Working a job for some asshole of a boss who fires you, or makes your life difficult - Work for yourself instead. Live life on your own terms and answer to no one.
3. Limit your exposer to toxic people, and places you are not wanted, as much as possible unless you are ready for conflict or them putting you in stressful situations. Set boundaries, not just for toxic people but in order to have any healthy relationship, there needs to be boundaries. It is impossible to please everyone and it is okay to say no. Don't take part in negativity; negativity follows toxic people where ever they go while spreading their negativity, and using emotional manipulation. Emotionally intelligent people take the experiences and altercations, they have had in the past, and use them to navigate around future conflicts.
4. Love and take care of yourself. Working on self-love and self-care are the ways emotionally intelligent people stay strong. They know that part of staying mentally and physically fit, plus increasing confidence, is taking care of yourself and accepting who you are. Dedicate yourself to self improvement; strive to be the best version of yourself. Often the only limits in life are the ones we set on ourselves but don't compare yourself to others, only compare yourself to who you were yesterday. Yes, men are often considered the disposable sex. Life had to make itself both abundant and disposable in order to be persistent in a changing environment. Pretty much all species that have ever existed are now extinct. Don't feel bad about being a male or missing out. Life is short, enjoy existing during your very brief time while it lasts.
5. Don't supplicate to other people unless you really want to. Supplicating to others is allowing them to use you, and tells them that they have more value than you do, which lowers your social status. Females tend to use shit tests on men, trying to get men to do things for them, to see how much power they have over men. Doing stupid shit for them, that they could do for themselves, is failing their shit tests. It lowers your social value in their, and others, eyes. Remember, you have value. Jerks get the girl because they don't give in to women's demands and fail women's shit tests like supplicating low value men do.
6. Do not drink to intoxication. I've often used alcohol as a social crutch, and it works but once a certain point of drinking has passed you lose the ability to stop drinking, and you lose your ability for critical thought, often leading to uninhibited bad choices. Drinking too much will give you little control over what you say, which you may later regret. Don't drink over 3 beers spread out over a 24 hour period max.
7. It's best to not make major life decisions that you can't back track on in case they don't work. The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there - then you realize it's fertilized with bullshit. Make small, incremental moves and decisions without burning your bridges or losing your way back. Some decisions are final. Once you start something, you might be giving up the ability to unilaterally decide that it's over.
8. Don't live without a savings buffer. You never know what life is going to throw at you. Life is tough, it's even more so if you're stupid. Having a buffer gives you a bit of “fuck you money” if you have to go looking for another job because the current one you have isn't working out. Recognize that everything in life has a cost attached to it. If it doesn't cost money then it probably costs time. Time is the most precious currency there is, spend it wisely. Another buffer you need to be aware of is your energy buffer. You do not have an infinite amount of energy to get work done. Pick your challenges and battles carefully, with your energy buffer in mind, focusing on the tasks that have the greatest returns
9. Don't barrow money for anything that isn't going to produce an income to pay off the debt. Borrowing money is a dumb move because you don't know what the future is going hold or if you will be able to pay it back if income is lost. Bankers often reduce money velocity, and depress the economy on purpose to shake assets from loose hands. Gold is the money of Kings. Silver is the money of Gentleman. Barter is the money of Peasants. Debt is the money of Slaves!
10. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. If all of your assets are in one basket, and that asset loses it's value, life may literally become unlivable. Example, Blacks in Zimbabwe having to pan for gold because their money is worthless. If they don't find any gold, they don't eat. Soon to be how South Africans are going to be living if they continue their genocide against the White population in that country.
11. Have multiple sources of income. Often markets change, and what was once making you money no longer becomes worth the effort. Have passive forms of income like rent or a business selling something. Make a product to sell. Having a product to sell, that people want, is like discovering your own gold mine.
12. Make more money by leveraging the work of others. Time is money and if you can hire someone to do something that isn't monetarily worth your time, do it. Know how much your time is worth, if you can make more money doing something else it makes sense to let someone else do the chump work unless you just want to do the work for the experience. I consider being wealthy, having the time and energy to do what you want as opposed to just how much money you have. I personally strive for working no more than four hours a day, and work being defined as something you would rather not be doing; some work can be fun, and I don't count that as work, which goes along with the saying, “do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.”
13. Never trust anyone, even if you love them and believe they love you. Most people will let you down or even turn on you, even loved ones. Always keep that guard up. Honesty is not a virtue in a world where honesty, and trusting compassion, will most likely get you fucked over and ruined. People lie all the time to save face or to present a false image to get ahead. Just try being 100% honest, and telling people exactly what you think at all times, and see how well that works for you. The fact is that people don't even want you to be honest. We live in a society where putting up a smooth face is the norm. A little trust goes a long way - the less you use, the further you'll go.
14. Don't fight the last war. What most often weighs you down and brings you misery is the past, in the form of unnecessary attachments, repetitions of tired formulas, and the memory of old victories and defeats. You must consciously wage war against the past and force yourself to react to the present moment. Be ruthless on yourself; do not repeat the same tired methods. Don't look backwards, you're not going that way.
15. Don't let people use you unless you really want to help them or you are getting something in return. Most people are only your friend if they can get something of benefit out of you. Don't be afraid of saying no, and have a reason to tell them why you don't have the time to justify it. By asking you to do something for them, they are trying to leverage your work and time. You are the one who does the leveraging of others.
16. Go your own way. Following the herd will often lead you right over a cliff. Take for example going to collage, if everyone is going for a same degree, pretty soon the market will be flooded, and there will be no jobs. Don't be afraid to be different and objectively think for yourself. The most intelligent people are often lone wolves who don't have many friends but rather acquaintances. Friends can often take up your valuable time, and the work involved in the up-keep of friendships is often expensive and ultimately unfulfilling. You can't sore with eagles if you're hanging out with turkeys. Better to be alone than in bad company. Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are. If you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas.
17. If you absolutely need a lot of friends, make friends doing activities you're actually interested in and stop trying to fit into groups you don't care about. This does not mean to stop broadening your horizons, but the more you invest your time in stuff that excites you the less you will make fake friends, and the happier you will be. Only be loyal to your friends, and only be friends with people you can trust. If you have caught someone in a lie or they betrayed you once, they will do it again. Only count people like that as acquaintances, and never give them leverage over you.
18. Don't validate your life through other people. People will always let you down eventually. Self-validate by doing things you love. Ex hobbies or work interests. If you don't expect gratitude you'll seldom be disappointed!
19. Don't participate in holiday planing of any kind. Holidays are the stressful, herd driven social expectations of morons; often you will just feel used and stupid for it afterwards. If you do plan on celebrating holidays, participate in the least stressful way possible, like just showing up for a dinner.
20. Don't buy gifts for people, and don't expect them in return. Gift giving to get someone to like you or help you in the future will likely not work; you are just telling everyone that you are a mark to be used. Only buy gifts if you are trying to grease the wheels to get something done; giving gifts often makes people feel obligated to do something in return, doesn't always work, and it's only worth a try if you are trying to manipulate an immediate situation. A gift given now will be forgotten later.
21. Cook your own meals so you can control your own diet. It's much easier to control your diet if your food isn't around places other people keep their junk food. Eat low carb meals without lots of sugar or empty calories from bread and pasta. High carb meals dull the mind after eating, making you sleepy and lethargic.
22. Do all of your shopping in the early mornings. There are less trashy people shopping in the early mornings because they don't get up 'till nigger noon, 'bout 2pm. For you people that get bent out of shape for what I just said, note that I also avoid white trash this way too. You can also find meat marked down on sale before anyone else has had a chance to buy it.
23. Get your work done in the mornings. You have more energy when you first awake, and once you start working, it's easier to keep working. Tackle your most important work first, instead of procrastinating, and before it becomes urgent to get it done. Once you switch over to entertainment mode, it's hard to stop being entertained. Don't do anything you normally consider entertainment until you have done at least four hours of work first, every day; then you can enjoy your favorite entertainment guilt free. Repetitive work gets easier over time after days, weeks or months of doing it. As you get better at the work, your brain will reward you with dopamine hits, giving you a sense of accomplishment every time the work is completed.
24. One should cast a wide net of learned skills instead of just specializing in one learned skill, say from an institution, and expecting that to earn one a living. Many others will be on that same road and will crowed out your opportunity. With a wide net of skills, you can create unique solutions to problems that no one else has, creating a niche, possible with a patent, and the margin of return on your labor will be exponentially increased - THEN become the master of the new skill. The creative integration and synthesis of knowledge from diverse disciplines to craft unique and unorthodox solutions to problems is the mark of genius.
25. Don't always worry about what is moral in life. Some morals are good and what was once bad is often still bad; however, you have to discern what is right for you at the present time. Ultimately, life is a question, asked of the universe, "Is this right?" and answered by death if it isn't. This is the realist's perspective who lives by natural law.
Morality is just a concept, a social construction created by parochial minded religious people that are trying to make you submit to their antiquated group think, while spreading their moral panic. They often craft shaming language toward you, accusing you of having a “high hope for a low heaven.” It's only shameful if you respect or value the opinion of the one doing the shaming. Evil, and morality, are points of view. Picture a cat playing with a mouse. To the cat, he is just playing with his food. To the mouse, the cat is the equivalent of evil it's self.
26. Find your purpose in life and set your goals to achieve it. Without a purpose it’s all too easy to get distracted by the details and the bullshit of daily life. When this happens, the details and distractions become your focus, and this drains your energy and destroys your mood.
On the other hand, being grateful for the things you already have in life will help you be happy and content. You avoid getting caught up wanting more and more, and taking the things you have for granted. On the path of self-improvement it’s quite easy to get caught up in the cycle of setting, and accomplishing, bigger and better goals. This is great, but there’s a HUGE risk of becoming depressed when you’re not “leveling up” and making large strides forward. The trick is to find a happy medium between goals and gratitude. You may never achieve or finish your goals but there is a greatness to nourishing an oak tree that you know you will never live to enjoy.
27. Don't be a pathetic, thirsty pussy-hound, and most of all don't get married! It's foolish to think that you can keep someone happy for the rest of their life. Getting married is betting a women half your stuff that you can keep her happy for the rest of her life, and that's impossible with todays women and anti-male biased court system.
You shouldn't seek validation from women. You shouldn't try to base your happiness on other people because people will let you down every time, especially women. You have to Self-Validate through other things that make you happy like work, hobbies, goals, and ambitions. Women need to get their validation, and happiness, from other people; what a miserable existence that is. As a man you are able to self-validate, to create your own value, happiness, and self-worth from within.
MGTOW is just men letting other men know about female nature, and that they need to let go of these unrealistic expectations for love. There is no "the one" out there for any of us, nor are women "sugar, spice, and everything nice" like they claim to be. It's just being realistic, that's all. Feminism is a movement of women telling everyone what they want, and expecting white knights to get it for them. MGTOW is group of men telling everyone what they don't want, and simply walking away from the system. A feminist women says "she don't need no man", and like wise, MGTOW are saying that we don't need them either. Women are the gatekeepers of sex. Men are the gatekeepers of commitment.
Women have soft power they can use to find ways to control men. They act helpless when they want white knight men to help them, and independent when they want to be perceived as strong. They can control children and turn them against their dads. They can use sex, emotional manipulation, etc. The end goal of a relationship for a women isn't life long bonding but resource extraction. All women are prostitutes, some charge a lot of men a little bit of money, others charge one man a lot of money.
This whole solitude thing gets much easier for men once they get over age 35, it's like a switch flips in a man's mind turning off his loneliness. Before that, nature will punish you for being single with that constant lonely feeling. Don't worry guys, it gets easier. While you're young, you have to put up with fickle girls, putting you in the friend zone along with all her other male orbiters but once she starts hitting the wall with her looks, around age 30, gets her fill of riding the cock-carousel, her attitude will change quite a bit - though, why would you want to be with her at that point?
Females with power over you are dangerous. They will literally fuck you over and not even give it a second thought because they view men as a disposable utility, to be used as a resource to get what they want, often stealing a man's vitality and time, which could be put toward greater things. Men manipulate the world to extract resources; women manipulate men to extract a man's resources.
Women don’t feel guilt, they feel shame. Guilt stems from empathy. Shame stems from narcissism. Women just don’t operate on the same ideas of reciprocation and loyalty that men do. Ultimately, they’re quite happy to use and fuck over people they ostensibly “care about” without a shred of remorse; they just don’t want to be called out on it by others. It’s about their own social standing, not empathetic concern for the person they’ve wronged. A woman's conscience seems to only exist within the realm of social acceptance.
Never show a women your emotional side. If you cry in front of a women, she will assume you are weak, and leave you. Men are seen as actors while women are acted upon, therefore if a man is suffering as a result of being acted upon he disqualifies himself from being seen as a man in her eyes. To pour your heart out to a woman, is to give her the very weapon she uses to destroy you. Do not ever tell a women your secrets or fears.
A woman will never love a man the way a man loves a woman; women do not feel love the way men do. Sure, they usually love their children but women only love men to the extent that they would love a handbag or a car, and when it is used up, they will, if they can, cast it aside for a new one. That's why men who lose their jobs often find themselves divorced; they've lost their utility, and also why men base their value on what they do for a living. Love for a man is the irrational desire to be with one woman. Love for a woman is the irresistible desire to be with the best man possible. Love for women is conditional as long as all the requirements for that love are met; they don't understand unconditional love the way men do, unless it's for their children. They are only as loyal as their lack of options allow. They cannot love on the same level as men because they cannot justify having men make all of the sacrifices and simultaneously claim to love them; they only really love what the men can do for them.
Women are human beings, men are human doings. Being born a beautiful women is like being born a millionaire with all the resources that beauty can extract. Women get all of their value up front and lose it as they get closer to the wall, around 35. Men get richer and gain status as they age, and become more valuable to women - they age like wine.
A man will love a women for who she is, and a woman will love a man for what he is. Therefore, it is better not to chase and lust after women but to work on self-improvement. When a man spends his time improving his finances, social status, psychical heath, and importance, a woman will welcome his advances instead of finding them annoying or creepy. Chase women and you will always be poor, chase money and status, and the women will chase you.
If a female is not willing to give you the best years of her life, why should you settle for her during her worst years? Don't be captain-save-a-hoe to an in debt, single mother who has rode the cock-carousel, hit the wall, and finally decided it's time to settle down. Just don't. These girls who wait until they are after 30 before they try to settle down, will be in for a surprise, take whatever satisfaction you need from that while you are in your young lonely stage of life.
There are many things, as a man, you can enjoy in life. What’s the value of sex that diminishes over time while you sacrifice your health, wealth, time, hobbies, friends, and family... just for the illusion of pleasing a woman? They’re never happy.
28. As a man, don't fear growing older. With age comes wisdom, and your perspectives and needs of the world also change. It is said that men go through a mid-life crises, this isn't true. Only women go through a mid-life crises. Men in mid-life start living for themselves for a change. They go out and buy the sports car because they always wanted the sports car but only now have the extra money to afford one.
During mid-life, men start living for themselves more, instead of spending all of their money, time, and resources on women. That's why women perceive them going through a crises because they are not getting all of those things from men any longer. They are right, men do go through a change during that time of life, but it is not a crises for men, only women.
When a woman says she is looking for a "Real Man” she is not meaning a manly dude. She is talking about the real man that the media is trying to push. That is, a guy who is hot, loaded, successful, popular, and a complete supplicating push over but only to her, of course. She is really talking about a very rare or might as well be fictional person.
The whole "real man" thing can also be an attempt to threaten a man's masculine identity to get him to do something for a woman she doesn't want to do for herself. It's an identity trap, don't fall for it.
Any young women taking the modern advice of not settling down while young but living like a man, chasing a career, and not getting a man to fall in love with her, and treat him decently while she is still young, is going to find her self alone by mid-age, with only her cats to keep her company.
It's no coincidence that the age of puberty starts some where before half the age of 30. 30,000 years ago, our ancient ancestors, on average, died around the age of 30 from war, sickness, exposer, famine or loss of teeth. That means people had to start reproducing early if they were going to live long enough to get their own children to reproductive age. So, that is why men are attracted to younger girls, and why this strategy women have of waiting for their 30's to settle down is a losing strategy; evolution wired us to breed early. Women are trying to live like men now, and think that if they get a good education that men will be attracted to that, like they would be to a man; however, they are sadly projecting. Men are attracted to youth, health, beauty, neoteny, and virtue but not really to a women's wealth or status.
29. Never put a possibility over a fact with money you can't afford to lose. You go after a woman to have sex with her or to have children, and you will get exactly what you want, eventually. You go after things that might be just a possibility, while wasting money, like trying to win the lottery or trying to find a loving relationship, and the odds turn against you.
30. Be careful what you sign your name to. Never sign up to a contract you can't back out of. Don't ever get involved with anything or anyone you can't walk away from in 60 seconds or less if it's in your best interest to do so.
31. Always be forward thinking about the future. Winter Kill is the process that kills off most grasses in the winter so they can start new in the spring. 10,000 years of that, in the northern hemisphere, made humus rich soil or top soil, which was perfect for crop yield. Equatorial countries have no winter kills so no humus. Winter kill also shaped the thinking of Europeans. We evolved to anticipate what it takes to get through the harsh winters - those who didn't died out. In the southern climates, animals couldn't count on a winter kill to thin out the competition, that is why you see animals that are more aggressive towards each other in Africa, they have to directly confront their adversaries if they are to compete for recourses. It's no coincidence that most of earths animals live in warmer climates. There is no great purge if there is no winter kill or if they don't fight each other.
32. Live a minimalist lifestyle. Don't buy the nicest newest things that have just come out on the market. Who are you trying to impress? Only buy what you need, and save/invest money for hard times. It's important for one to do what one really wants with ones time. Not what we think others want, or what we think will impress them. During the Great Depression, a popular motto was, “Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”
33. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. A women will have you standing on your head if you don't implement that rule, redecorating her house. Women know the price of everything and the value of nothing. This goes along with living a minimalist lifestyle; why buy something new when what you have is getting the job done?
34. The secret to finding peace. Ever loved someone so much you would do anything for them? Yeah, well, make that someone yourself and do whatever the hell you want. Once you realize the futility of influencing or seeking validation through others, and start self-validating, the sooner you can set that bag of bricks down you are carrying for the rest of the world.
35. You can ignore reality but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. It's important to look at the world from a realist's perspective. As a realist, our opinions can change if we encounter new facts or enlightenment that we can not disprove. It's important to live in reality, instead of one we create for ourselves. Living in denial of reality, through idealism, will eventually lead you to ruin.
36. Don't waste your time arguing online. It's a major waste of time arguing online, especially with women, as they can't be reasoned with. They are running on pure emotion. You could potentially put out content or opinions, like youtube videos, but don't argue too much over them. People with High IQ's spend more time listening than talking. The smart ones are not going to waste time trying to convince you of anything repetitiously. Put it out once, in something like a video, and move on.
"Arguing online is like the Special Olympics - even if you win, you're still retarded" - Abraham Lincoln
37. Don't ride to places in someone else's vehicle, especially if you don't know them well. This is a mistake a lot of young people make. They ride with friends to a place or party, and things don't go well, then they are stranded or want to leave, and possibly can't for offending their friends if they decide to ditch them using a taxi or uber. It's giving the person your riding with leverage over you, don't do it.
38. Think what you like, but act as others do. If you want to sail through the game of life on easy mode, play the game as others do. If you don't mind the odd altercation then feel free to advertise your beliefs. Like chickens who peck to death a wounded/different chicken, people will do the same. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
39. Find the task that leads to the greatest amount of results and double down on that. Work smarter not harder for the best results. Strategy is everything when it comes to productivity. There is an uneven spread of importance of tasks in accordance with the 80/20 rule. Often 80% of your results will come from 20% of your efforts. Tackle your most important problems/work first. A domino can knock over another domino that's 50% larger than itself. When dominoes are knocked over a chain reaction occurs. If the first domino was 5mm it would take 29 progressively larger dominoes to knock out the Empire state building (do the math! Crazy shit). Do the same for your life by always looking for the leading domino, your current most important task. Use the momentum of each objective hit to knock down the next.
40. Work for yourself. “How in the HELL could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 AM by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush his teeth and hair and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else, and were expected to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?” ~Charles Bukowski
41. Don't Cohabitate if you don't have to. You need your own space where you can get away from other people and recharge. Roommates always cost more in problems they create then the money they can potentially save you. Just fighting over fridge space alone is enough to drive one insane. Living with someone else may mean that you have to eat the same food as they do, which may adversely effect your diet and health. You also often have to share the same bathroom facilities, and if they get sick with flu, you can be sure you will get sick also.
42. Never pass up a chance to STFU – Shut the fuck up. When in a stressful situation, dealing with either women, cops or other authority figures, often the situation is made worse by talking to them out of either anger or fear. If you can see a way out a situation by just remaining calm, and quiet, until it blows over, do it. The most powerful "fuck you" on the planet is stone cold silence.
43. When your enemy is in the process of committing an error, do not interrupt them. Revenge is a dish best served cold; however, stupid people will often dumb themselves to death, without you having to do anything. Hate will sometimes keep you motivated, keep you alive and moving forward where love fails.
44. If you acquired something for cheap, there might be a reason it was so cheap, and if something seems too good to be true, it usually is; better look hard for those strings attached.
45. Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it. This is otherwise known as the sunken cost fallacy.
46. Try not to multitask or "have too many irons in the fire". You will never be able to do anything 100% if you are constantly switching back and forth between tasks. There usually isn't a strait line from point A to point B when trying to accomplish some major project but you need to limit distractions down to a minimum when trying to accomplish something. Before you start your project or goal, make sure you have the proper tools and resources before you start. Nothing worse than stopping half way through a project then trying to come back to it, possibly months later, and having lost your momentum.
47. Read but don't post on social media unless it's with a throwaway account for a quick important question that you can't find the answer to elsewhere or for business purposes. The reason this is important is to keep you from wasting time, constantly checking to see what people have said about something you've said. On social media, the conversation is never over; it's a huge time sink. Information you post online can also be used as a weapon against you.