I'm so unlucky as a woman.
I'm born in New Zealand in the 21rst century. I get to vote, go to school, have medical care, have access to a job and get paid equally, dress how I want, date and/or marry who I want and when I want, choose when I want to have sex and with who, and choose if I don't want children and get to go to safe and supporting groups and areas whenever I feel unsafe or unhappy or have gotten assaulted. And I got to learn self defense. Oh such a horrible life for me as a girl! (Not)
And men get to have it all. They have Male Privilege!
- Since they started talking they where told to never cry and man up so they bottle up their emotions.
- They are constantly told to respect women when it comes to consent and to not hit them while girls on the otherhand and not taught anything about respecting men and can do whatever the hell they want with them without any consequences.
- It's still legal to allow infant boys to have circumcision based on their parents wishes even though their foreskin may not be a struggle and they could possible end up with infections later on in life.
- Men are made fun and called Gay of if they wear feminine colours and clothing or take feminine jobs. While women are free to wear masculine cloths and take masculine jobs.
- Masculine men? Toxic Masculinity! Feminine men? Gay!
- Violence against males is believed to not exist. And whenever a man is raped or abused they get laughed at and not taken seriously and the perpetrator, mostly a woman, gets away unpunished. They are told that they should enjoy it or they're lucky or they are the actual perpetrators
- Men are more likely to loose their children in custody battles, die in workplace deaths, become homeless or end up in poverty and are giving harsher jail punishments.
- Prostate Cancer, male reproductive health and mental health get's no attention whatsover and less funds.
- There are barely any homeless shelters for men who are homeless or have escaped their abusive partner.
- Society is ignoring men and not giving them any freaking encouragement when it comes to schools or jobs or mental health. They are ignored.
- Men can't interract with children at all, not even fathers or older brothers or uncles or grandfathers or cousins or even teachers, without getting labelled as a pedophile.
- Men find it hard to flirt or pick up girls because they'll be labelled as creeps.
- Men are given crap for the way they sit and for the way they talk to women.
- People are easily getting away with misandry.
- Men are constantly being falsly accused over crap they didn't do. Rape, violence, abuse, stalking, stealing, aggression you name it. They get the 'guilty until proven innocent' treatment and are punished without any true evidence or questions. They loose their job, education, awards, achievements and reputation. The 'Believe Women' crap is nothing but bait for women to ruin men's lives. Men can't do anything now. They can't hug people, they can't walk behind women, they can't even talk to a woman or help them out.
- And thanks to all of this sexism, males have the highest suicide rate!
So, what male privilege?
Thankyou for coming to my Ted Talk.