So my uncle was not married in the united states (he married a woman from and in a muslim country) , but his lawyer (a woman), says he's gonna pay alimony and child support anyway.

He's an immigrant (it's been 15 years) and lives in the state of California.

Is there some hope for him ? What can he do ?