Hi everyone! A little background on how I started working on making the most of my looks. I’m pretty average looking in general but my face isn’t the prettiest and I’m not in great shape so I really started feeling down on myself a few months ago when I started reading about TRP and discovering how important looks are to men.
Since then I’ve started making just small improvements here and there, and I’m already feeling WAY better and I’ve been getting more attention/compliments too! I thought I might as well share about what’s worked for me, so here it is:
*Please note that I’m super low maintenance, I barely wear makeup or do much to my hair and I am not someone who can consistently go get her nails done every two weeks. I needed to find ideas that didn’t involve too much fuss, and would look natural without much daily effort.
1) gym. I am super inconsistent with exercise, but I realized a while ago that I have just enough time on my lunch break to go quickly to the small gym at work. I lift dumbbells and do short (10 minute) HIIT sessions which have been really helping me to tone up and lose fat. I only work out about 20-30 minutes, but doing that 3-4 times a week when it’s already built in to my day (lunch hour) has really begun to make a difference. It also helps a lot with my mood!
2) eyelash serum. There are a bunch of these you can buy online. I got RapidLash and it works great. Takes a few weeks of consistent use but my eyelashes are now WAY longer and thicker and people ask me if I have eyelash extensions when I wear mascara. You can also use it to fill in the hair growth in your brows!
3) high end shampoo/conditioner. I really did not want to do this one because I’m generally pretty frugal and will buy the cheapest ones on sale at the drug store. But I went to get highlights a few weeks ago and the colourist told me that I needed to start using good quality (sulfate free/silicone free) stuff so I saved up and bought some Davines brand. It has actually worked wonders and my hair is way healthier/shinier.
4) SKIN CARE!! I don’t wear much makeup so I realized it’s really important for me to have good skin. I started a consistent routine with a benzoyl peroxide face wash, aha/bha exfoliant, retinol, rose hip oil and weleda skin food moisturizer. My skin has honestly never looked better and I almost think I reversed some signs of aging if that’s possible?
5) silk pillowcase. Hair is not as tangled and doesn’t feel so dry/breaky in the morning anymore. Helps a ton with frizz and shininess.
6) press on nails. They have some really cute neutral ones for $15 at the drug store. You can cut them and shape them like real nails, and mine stay on for at least week at a time. There are some good videos on YouTube for how to make them last longer. Way more cost efficient than getting shellac or gel nails, and they don't chip so I don't have to redo them every other day like polish.
8) hair bows/scarves. I started experimenting with hair scarves and bows. There are a ton of different simple ways to wear them on Pinterest that are really classy and feminine and don’t look tacky or overdone.
9) “tan-touring”. This is basically contouring your face using a self tanning lotion and a makeup sponge. That way it stays for days even when you’re not wearing makeup and it looks really natural. Some great tutorials on YouTube!
I think that’s it!! If I think of anything else I will come back. Feel free to add your own tips!