I was a bit traumatized since travelling in Colombia. Everybody seemed to be a predator, trying to take advantage of the other people.
- My best friend got raped at 14, children at 15, her ex-boyfriends were drug-addicts that would beat her. Her 4 brothers have all been assassinated.
- My second best friend had a brother working for Pablo Escobar, another brother was successfully legally but assassinated by his wife and her sister took financial advantage of her ex-husband, who paid 2 yearly salaries of plastic surgery on her and she dumped him for a better man.
- My third best friend was raped at 8 by her stepfather, she lived on the street at 12 and had to become a prostitute for a few years quite young.
- I was robbed in Colombia and uncomfortably got scammed out of $7 2 times.
- I have another 100+ stories about the time in Colombia. It was pretty insane.
I've been also in Vietnam, Cambodia, Colombia and spoke to a lot of Venezuelans, but you can't even trust the police offers and the government there. These people claim that they are moral and working to improve the lives of other people, meanwhile they are just lead by resentment, hate, jealousy and selfishness.
I do enjoy travelling and socializing with other people, but the more I see, the more I start to live in my mind and ruminating about people and the world. People seem far more evil than they realize they are and even unconscious of most of their behavior.
How can I get peace with this? I try to live in the moment, but I feel too attached to the idea that the people I meet daily, are probably not that great.
People also seem to behave worse when I expect worse of them. People were quite nice to me, when I was living in the moment and expecting the best. I'd like to get to more mental peace and have a life with sincerity, honesty, authenticity, integrity and less judgement and bitterness.