It's the toughest type of training you'll ever do, but it only takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- sprint training every other day.
- using a stationary bike, it has the least impact and hence lower risk of injury. Safety first.
- a maximum of 5 days per week, 3 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off.
- a 1 minute sprint at 90-100% effort, with a 4-5 minute rest and recovery period. Repeat this 6-10 times, I usually do 6 sets.
How you know you're doing it right:
- After the first 2-3 sets you feel a little nauseous (this goes away eventually)
- Your weight lifting maxes increase across the board after 2-3 weeks of sprint training. (It raises your VO2 max, which is your body's oxygen efficiency. Your body uses oxygen to create power. For most people they will see a drastic increase in strength across all exercises.)
- When you finish you feel a little nauseous, this usually goes away after 30-60 minutes, and is replaced by a feeling of euphoria.
Don't give up, this type of training is very very hard to continue with, but if you can endure 3 months of it, your body will change in ways you never thought possible. I can't stress how difficult it is to continue this type of training, so remember to stay on top of it.
To do what other men can't, you have to do what other men won't.